Thread: Secondary air injections system

Hybrid View

Default Secondary air injections system

My truck has 140k and its a 2012. Anybody ever has the secondary air injection system (codes is p2440) go bad. From my research this usually happens with the v-8, any suggestions

There is a water intrusion issue into the secondary air injection system.
    There is a delete kit, but to go stock there is a pump and two valves you will need.
    I would suggest a custom build around the air intake to keep water out, to protect from future occurrences.
    2010 Yaris
    2007 Camry
    (former 09 access cab owner)

Thanks, Jim! Definitely learning a lot from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimartney View Post
    Thanks, Jim! Definitely learning a lot from here.
    You are welcome.
    Make sure, anyone with their check engine light on, and the 2440 type codes stored (there are like 3 other codes similarly numbered, or close in numbers), you check with the dealer, as their is an extended warranty coverage and time period on there.
    Your VIN number will let them know if you are one of the covered vehicles with what I believe is referred to as the warranty enhancement ?
    Don't quote me, as I do not have said enhancement in front of me, but believe it is 10 yr / 150k ?
    Somethin like that.
    In any case, water intrusion is what causes them to fail.
    Pending model, warranty pay is around 4.5 hrs and customer pay is 6 hours, and these valves n pump are not cheap.
    If modifying, I would only recommend modification to prevent water intrusion.
    The block off plate, I believe would affect the computers ability to achieve stochiometric balance with efficiency, and would affect mileage I believe.
    2010 Yaris
    2007 Camry
    (former 09 access cab owner)

Man, I didn't know that there were a lot of factors to consider. Will take note of these.

By the way, newbie here as well. Aside from being a Tacoma enthusiasts, I'm also a critter-lovin' guy. I live with my Pomeranian, Jon. Whenever I'm outdoors, I usually walk my dog in the park, though as a precaution, I'd fit him with one of those Garmin Astro GPS collars, as he tends to wander off most of the time. So, that's me. Have a nice day, everyone!
    Last edited by Jimartney; 12-14-2018 at 05:19 AM.