Thread: Wind Noise 2012 Tacoma Double Cab

Default Wind Noise 2012 Tacoma Double Cab

Hi All,
    Just bought a Tacoma 2 weeks ago and it is pretty noisy for a truck selling for over 30K. It sounds like the window is down a little bit but it is not. Cross winds magnify the noise. Google didn't turn up much. Vent behind the back seat? Noticed door seals are not solidly glued to the frame. Maybe every 2 inches it has a sticky pad thus air could go under. Any ideas?
    Thanks all!

Update! Took it in Monday and they said it is normal. What a joke! On a windy day the ride is not enjoyable and it is windy in the Bay area all the time. Not sure if I would buy another truck like this. Otherwise truck runs OK. Cheers!

I wish my truck was as quiet as this board! 1438 views and no comments. This forum is dead!

I have the same type of problem with a 2011 DC. Have had it in 3 times and am going to meet with the Toyota rep the next time he is back in town. Mine also makes a very loud whistle at highway speed with a crosswind. It is like the door is not tight. I was on a trail and heard the same sound at very low speed. I will let you know what happens. I should be meeting with him within the next month.

Update. I taped up the driver side window (not the door) front and rear and had super quiet ride to the dealer. They offered me to drive another vehicle just like mine and see if that has the wind noise or not. If yes they are not doing anything if yes they will work on it. I have not got around driving another one yet. When I do I will post again.
    Cheers

Just solved the high pitched whistle. new windshield seal. Still working on other wind noise. I will try taping.

Default Same Issue

Thanks for posting this thread - I have the same problem I think on my '12 Tacoma DC. The whistle noise doesn't show up until I reach approx 80mph and I suspect it's coming from the windshield...crosswind or strong headwind makes it much more pronounced. I can see me telling this to the Toyota dealer and them doing nothing about it in response...but it's super annoying and needs to be fixed. I'm curious to see if any other people are experiencing the same problem and if it is in fact just the windshield seal.

just bought my single cab 2 weeks ago... no problems yet with any wind noise, i have heard a couple people complain about it tho. they fixed the problem with some snazzy rain guards on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelinman80439 View Post
    Thanks for posting this thread - I have the same problem I think on my '12 Tacoma DC. The whistle noise doesn't show up until I reach approx 80mph and I suspect it's coming from the windshield...crosswind or strong headwind makes it much more pronounced. I can see me telling this to the Toyota dealer and them doing nothing about it in response...but it's super annoying and needs to be fixed. I'm curious to see if any other people are experiencing the same problem and if it is in fact just the windshield seal.
    Have the windshield resealed. I have a 2012 Tacoma and that cured it.